Wednesday, 27 September 2006
Wednesday, 20 September 2006
Like a few other people, I experienced a problem installing the Beta 2 Technical Refresh for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
Everything went by the book until the "SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard" got to the final step, when it failed with an error "could not find stored procedure 'dbo.proc_MSS_cleanup'".
The solution is outlined in this newsgroup post.
Tuesday, 19 September 2006
Friday, 15 September 2006
I've been using the new Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, the new administrative tool that comes with SQL 2005.
I've also kept a copy of SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager installed, because that was the only way I could edit and maintain the DTS packages we have running on our SQL 2000 boxes.
However, today I discovered that if you install the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components, which is part of the Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - April 2006, then not only can you open and edit DTS packages on a 2005 server, but you can also do the same on a 2000 server.
So as far as I can tell, I don't need to run the SQL 2000 client tools anymore.
Thursday, 14 September 2006
In the old blog template, if a post was about one thing I'd found, I'd put a link to it and it would appear next to the title of the post.
The bad news is that it seems the new template doesn't currently support displaying this. Hopefully they'll fix that real soon. In the meantime, I'll go back to putting the link in the post itself.
For the record, this relates to what used to be called 'BlogItemUrl' in the old template language.
I've taken the plunge and migrated my blog to the new 'beta' from Blogger. Apparently everything is stored in a database now, so all changes are reflected instantly - no 'rebuild' step when posting or modifying the template.
Posts can also now have labels, which should help me to categorise things.
Hopefully everything continues to work how it used to. Let me know if something has broken.
Monday, 4 September 2006
- www.perverted-justice.com - monitor chat rooms and work with police
- Advanced Research and Intelligence presentation - Data mining training course (unsure if this is still publicly available)
- www.livewwwires.com - Make the MISSING game
- www.netSmartz.org - Videos of victims and their experiences, also "Tracking Teresa"
- www.netalert.net.au - Australian resources for parents and teachers, including family contract
- www.cybersmartkids.com.au - Australian site for kids, teens/young people
- www.packet-level.com/kids - the original presentation, audio and printed versions.
- Australian Federal Police Online Child Sex Exploitation Team
- Australian Communications and Media Authority
- South Australian Criminal Law Consolidation Act 1935 - Plain text (ASCII) (446 KB ) or Rich Text Format (RTF) (2,664 KB )