NHibernate plugin for Visual Studio 2005
I was only thinking the other day, “Wouldn’t it be great if someone wrote an add-in to Visual Studio that let you drag tables from a database and it generated NHibernate-compatible class definitions and mapping for me”.
Well it appears I wasn’t the first to have this idea.
The project seems to be run by Adam Langley. There is some source code available, though not in the SourceForge SVN/CVS repository.
One problem at the moment is that it only generates C# code.
Opening Visual Studio 2005 projects in Orcas (2008)
I’d assumed that Visual Studio 2008 would be able to open 2005 projects and manage them alongside any new 2008 projects.
This isn’t quite correct - 2008 will upgrade 2005 projects, but those projects can still target the .NET 2.0 runtime. There is a difference!
So if you’ve got a team project where not everyone is moving to 2008, best keep using 2005 on it.
Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2
Beta 2 is now publicly available.
- Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Standard Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Beta 2 Team Suite (VPC)
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Beta 2 Team Suite
Team Foundation Server
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Installation Guide
- Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Team Foundation Server (VPC)
- Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Team Foundation Server
- MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2
- Visual Basic LINQ Hands On Labs for Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2
Scott, Rob, Brian (with links to Akamai), Buck and Somasegar also have posted about this too.