Securing SQL 2000 with IPsec and Group Policy
Written on August 19, 2005
Here are links to resources mentioned in my presentation to the Adelaide SQL Server User Group (18th August).
- IPsec overview
- Nmap - Free Stealth Port Scanner For Network Exploration & Security Audits. Runs on Linux/Windows/UNIX/Solaris/FreeBSD/OpenBSD
- WinPcap - The Windows packet capture library (used by Nmap)
- Windows Server 2003 Security Guide - Member server group policy and server roles including domain controllers, file, print and IIS servers.
- Threats and Countermeasures Guide - Chapter 11 contains IPsec tutorial.
- Sample netsh script to configure IPsec on Windows Server 2003