For a long time now I’ve been listening to podcasts – first on on the [iPAQ rw6828]/2007/01/hp-ipaq-rw6828-rom-update.html), then a [HTC TyTN II]/2007/11/new-phone.html), and more recently my [iPod Shuffle]/2008/09/new-toy.html).
My original subscriptions were:
- .NET Rocks – Carl and Richard talk about .NET stuff
- Hanselminutes – Scott interviews interesting people
- Dr Karl on Triple J – Dr Karl’s Science Talkback from Triple J Radio
- RunAs Radio – The IT Professional version of .NET Rocks
- ALT.NET Podcast – ALT.NET things – nothing new recently
- Stack Overflow – Joel and Jeff talk about Stack Overflow
- Herding Code -
- Pixel8 – Craig Shoemaker on user experience
- Polymorphic Podcast – Craig Shoemaker on .NET
- Software Engineering Radio – Interviews on broad range of computer science topics
And I’ve also added:
- Radio TFS – Team Foundation Server
- SQL Down Under – Greg Low’s interviews with SQL experts
- SQL Snapshots (broken link, was originally www.sqlsnapshots.com/SQLSnapshotsMP3Feed.xml) (coming soon) – Also from Greg Low, I found out about this via Rob after mentioning to him the idea of a podcast for a “Talking Books” version of the SQL Books Online.
The best way I’ve found so far to get the podcasts onto the Shuffle is to use WinAmp and the ml_ipod plugin. WinAmp does come with an built-in iPod plugin, but I’ve found ml_ipod provides superior support, including synchronising podcasts – something iTunes won’t do for a Shuffle at all.