6.30am – Woke up
6.40am – Ate breakfast with kids
6.50am – Logged in to MSDN and started downloading the release version of Visual Studio 2010!
Not a bad way to start the day :-)
- Support for the 2008 RDL schema in local mode.
- Support for ASP.Net AJAX (All page navigation and report interactivity is done with AJAX)
- Significantly improved browser compatibility.
- Usability and “look and feel” enhancements.
- Local mode now supports the same RDL features that are currently available in SQL Server 2008, including tablix, chart, gauge, and rich text.
- AsyncRendering now controls whether the initial processing of the report blocks the entire ASP.Net page, and nothing else.
- Can be loaded into a .NET 3.5 or a .Net 4.0 application.
- No more frames - ASP.Net postbacks are used to render the report.
Read more about the ReportViewer control in the MSDN Library.