Visual Studio Extensions
As of January 2015, these are the Visual Studio extensions I currently have installed:
- Bootstrap Snippet Pack – Code snippets for Bootstrap
- EntityFramework Reverse POCO Generator – Generate Entity Framework class files from an existing SQL database
- Grunt Launcher Right click extension to launch Grunt commands
- I Hate #Regions – If you have to work with legacy code that uses #regions, this extension makes them fade into the background.
- ReSharper – The ultimate productivity tool!
- Package Intellisense - NPM and Bower package Intellisense directly in the Visual Studio JSON editor
- PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio – First-class support for editing PowerShell files
- Productivity Power Tools 2013 – Various enhancements. I only use ‘Column Guides’, ‘Fix mixed tabs’, ‘Power Commands’, ‘Quick launch tasks’, ‘Solution Error Visualiser’, ‘Structure Visualiser’, ‘Syntactic line compression’
- SideWaffle Templates for Visual Studio – lots of extra file templates
- SQL Server Data Tools – SQL Server database projects
- tangible T4 Editor – T4 template editing with syntax colouring
- Task Runner Explorer - This extension lets you execute any Grunt/Gulp task or target inside Visual Studio by adding a Task Runner Explorer window.
- VisualSVN – Subversion integration
- Web Essentials 2013 – Lots of extra bells and whistles for web stuff.
- Windows Installer XML Toolset – Generate MSIs (Version 3.9 includes a bug fix I contributed)
Any other suggestions?
Written on January 3, 2015