.NET MAUI (Multi-platform App UI) was originally announced way back in May 2020 at BUILD 2020, and then updated in a blog post in February 2021. .NET MAUI is an evolution of the increasingly popular Xamarin.Forms toolkit.
We had to wait for preview 3 before more information about MAUI was forthcoming.
- Windows Desktop Now Supported
- Updates to Controls and Layouts
- Semantic Properties for Accessibility
- Splash Screen
- Raw Assets
- Visual Studio Productivity
- Ecosystem Readiness
- UI Components
- Single Project Templates Updates
- Workload Installation
- Native Alerts
- Single Project and Windows
- New Layouts
- Accessibility Changes and Improvements
- Font Scaling
Around this time a blog post was also published highlighting previews of the Community Toolkits.
Coinciding with the .NET 6 Release Candidate 1 releases. This is when the announcement was made that MAUI would not be shipping in November as originally planned. MAUI will stay in preview until into 2022.
Coinciding with .NET 6 Release Candidate 2
- Updated Controls
- Borders, Corners, and Shadows – Oh my!
- Quick Android Startup
- Ecosystem Controls (DevExpress, Syncfusion, Telerik)