WebRequestDetailedErrorEvent

Wednesday, 23 May 2007

I’m playing around with the TemplatedMailWebEventProvider with the ASP.NET <healthMonitoring> feature.

One problem I noticed is that some of the extra info that I like to see, like ServerVariables, is not available anymore.

Fortunately, WebRequestDetailedErrorEvent written by James Newton-King comes to the rescue.

MSF Process Template for Agile Software Development & CMMI Process Improvement v4.1

Monday, 21 May 2007

Updates to the process templates used with Team Foundation Server

To install a template, follow these instructions.

Bloglines

Thursday, 17 May 2007

I’m linking up this blog to bloglines

New firmware for SPA-3000

Friday, 11 May 2007

LinkSys (who bought out Sipura) have released version 3.1.18 of the firmware for their SPA-3000 analogue telephone adapter.

The comments in reply to my post on Whirlpool seem to indicate that this improves quality and reduces echo. I’ve just updated my box, so it will be interested to see if any difference is noted.

SnoopSoft Dashboard and WebCalendar

Friday, 11 May 2007

I did something most unusual the other day - I purchased some software.

The unusual thing wasn’t the purchasing (I do try and keep legitimate), but that I did it rather than getting work to pay for it.

What I bought was the SnoopSoft Dashboard and WebCalendar bundle for my HP iPAQ rw6828 Pocket PC.

It turned out to be quite cheap (USD17.95 - only AUD23.13 for me), and I couldn’t really claim it was for work purposes.

The main feature I’m interested in is the WebCalendar. This lets me display the agenda from my Outlook/Exchange calendar at work and also a number of Google Calendars as well.

I’ve recently created a private “family” calendar, and also created one for our basketball matches (that one’s public).

So now I get a view of all the coming events for both work and home stuff. The nice thing is that this mirrors what I can do in Outlook 2007 by adding those same calendars as Internet Calendars.

The only problem I’ve found with the software to date is that it isn’t able to retrieve the Google Calendars when my iPAQ is docked to my work computer. I think it’s related to the fact that we use a proxy to access the Internet. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.