On the Friday I went to 3 sessions:
- DEV331 - A Modern Architecture Review: Using the New Code Review Tools
- DEV333 - LightSwitch 2012 - Even Faster
- WPH234 - Windows Phone Marketplace - Satisfy More Customers and Make Money
I also ran my Instructor-led Lab - DEV ILL100 - Designing Windows 8 HTML apps in Blend. A nice lab which is probably more about getting familiar with Blend than with Windows 8 apps.
I also had a chance to briefly visit the beach. After quite a few visits to the Gold Coast, I had never until now managed to get down to the foreshore. A bit cool to think about going for a swim by that time, but nice to finally see it.
Thursday was a busy day. I got to these sessions:
- DEV221 – Design and Layout for Windows 8 and Windows Phone Style Apps
- WPH323 – Build smart: Developing for Windows Phone and Windows 8
- DBI225 – Big Data for Relational practitioners
- DEV326 – Agile planning tools in TFS 2012
In the evening was the party night – lots of food and entertainment options! I watched Ben show off his prowess on the racing simulator, then after a good feed we headed to the main arena to catch some comedy, quiz show and an ‘open mike’ band bash. Turns out there’s some pretty talented musicians masquerading as IT/Dev-types!
Wednesday I caught the following sessions throughout the day:
- DEV211 – What’s New in VS2012 with Adam Cogan
- DEV212 – Windows 8 Development with Nick Hodge
- DEV214 – Windows 8 Development Part 2 with David Burela
- DEV215 – .NET 4.5: Just the good stuff with William Tulloch
I ran my first ‘ExamCram’ session – on Exam 70-599 - Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Phone 7 Applications.
With Windows Phone 8 just around the corner, I wasn’t sure if I’d have many takers. As it turns out, I had exactly one person. A high student-teacher ratio!
I was also on the late-shift for helping in hands on labs today, from 5pm – 8pm.